250mA 5V Locomotive Decoder with 4 Amplified Functions and 1 Logic Output
The T Gauge 250mA 5V Decoder E-DCC1 currently does NOT operate from the standard TGauge controllers. However, The DCX65 is fully NMRA compatible and can therefore be used with all systems that use the NMRA-DCC data format eg Digitrax, Lenz, LGB, Uhlenbrock, Zimo, Roco ‘digital is cool’, MERG etc.
The locomotive decoder DCX65 is suitable for all 3-8V DC and AC motors in T to N locomotives. The maximum total load must not exceed 250mA. The DCX65 offers high-frequency 16kHz or 32kHz motor control for Faulhaber engines. Alternatively, infinitely adjustable 30-150 Hz are available for traditional motors.
The DCX65 also offers either 14, 28 or 128 speed steps, load balancing, full address space from 1 to 10240 and the ability to program on the main track ‘on-the-fly’.
- Fully NMRA compatible (DCC data format)
- DCC data format
- Full “function mapping” according to NMRA arrangement
- Function outputs separately dimmable
- Dimming frequency 1.2 kHz
- Automatic decoupling, timing for digital clutch,
- American lighting effects such as flashing, dimming, blinking in push-pull, single pulse strobe, double strobe, flashing headlight, left ditch light, right ditch light Rotary beacon, Gyralite, Mars Light, soft-start (slow flicker of functions)
- Full address space 1-10240
- Maneuvering function showcases mode, one button shunting, decreased backward speed ……
- Evaluation of chain impulses via F1 or F4
- Free speed characteristic CV67-CV94
- Optimized load balancing (P and I controllers)
- High frequency motor control 16kHz or 32kHz
- Low frequency motor control from 30 to 150 Hz selectable
- 5th generation decoder, dynamic load control
- 250 mA motor current
- Digital or analogue operation
- Programming ‘on the fly’
- Hard reset to reset the CV values to factory settings
- User CV’s for storing personal data
- Brakes with asymmetrical signal (diode ratio 1: 4)
- Fully programmable with Lokmäuse (also values and CVs up to 255)
- Reliable motor overload protection, additional outputs are not protected against over current
- 2 CVs groups freely selectable (for own or foreign applications)
All outputs of the receiver are powered by an internal bridge rectifier, which allows a maximum total current of 250mA. Motor and function outputs must therefore not exceed the total current of the permissible rectifier total current.
- Rail voltage 7-21 v
- Maximum motor current – peak (3s) 400mA
- Maximum motor current – duration 250mA
- Maximum current of the function outputs 250mA
- Maximum total current of the decoder – duration 250mA
- Dimensions (L x W x H) 6 x 5 x 1.8 mm
- Operating temperature- 20 to + 80 C
The DCX65 is only 6 x 5 x 1.8 mm in size and can therefore be installed in many Z, T and N locomotives without the need for elaborate milling work. The connecting wires are highly flexible color-coded stranded cables.