White Ensign Models 1/200 USS Arizona Anchor Deck Plates Photoetch Enhancement Parts
White Ensign Models 1/200 USS Arizona Anchor Deck Plates Photoetch Enhancement Parts is designed for wooden deck plates.
This is similar to Gold Medal Models (GMM) 1/400-1/429 scale Arizona 429-3 photoetch and 1/350 Arizona-Pennsylvania 429-3 but White Ensign Models (WEM) includes more details for a more realistic model.
The White Ensign models Photoetch add-ons makes your model ship museum quality.
With the release of Trumpeters 1/200 scale Arizona it was only a matter of time before White Ensign Models brought out a photo etch set to complete this enormous model.
This set contains:
- A large Jiffy bag containing a brown envelope
- A pair of large 290mm x 170mm sheets of etch brass wonderment
- Turret railings
- Vertical ladders
- Ships bell brackets
- Ships and boat nameplates
- Interior parts for the Kingfisher floatplanes
- 50 cal machine guns
- Inclined ladders
- Ships crane
- Turret handrails
- Barbette armor
- Range clocks and more items for the ships boats.
The relief etched parts are a joy to behold and due to their size they are certainly easier to handle. If your used to 1/350, or smaller scale etch then this set will cause you no problems.
A nice touch is the brass templates for the inner and outer docking keels. These need to be attached to 1mm plasticard from which the keels are to be cut.
- Do not remove the etched parts from the fret until you are ready to use them.
- Before assembly, soak the etched parts in a suitable solvent, such as white spirit, to de-grease the surfaces for painting.
- You can utilize cyanoacrylate adhesive or contact adhesive such as Elmer’s white glue. You can apply these with a pin or piece of stretched sprue.
Accordingly, we suggest you purchase our Photoetch Bender Tools for easy assembly.