White Ensign Models 1/350 Modern Fairleads Photoetch Enhancement Parts
White Ensign Models 1/350 Modern Fairleads Photoetch Enhancement Parts.
The White Ensign models Photoetch add-ons makes your model ship museum quality.
This set contains:
- Open and closed types
- Etched in heavy gauge
- 18 thou brass
- 12 of each type
General Instructions when using Photoetched Parts
- Do not remove the etched parts from the fret until you are ready to use them.
- Before assembly, soak the etched parts in a suitable solvent, such as white spirit, to de-grease the surfaces for painting.
- Cyanoacrylate adhesive (super glue) or contact adhesive such as Elmers white glue may be used. These can be applied
with a pin or piece of stretched sprue.
- When removing parts from the fret, place the fret on a hard surface, such as a smooth ceramic tile, in order to prevent parts bending whilst cutting through the holding tabs. We suggest using a #11 type of modelling knife blade for this purpose.
- When shaping or bending a part, a straight edged blade such as a chisel blade #17 or # 18 will give a good sharp corner; alternatively a small pair of smooth-jawed pliers may be used.
- If a part is bent incorrectly, lay it on a hard flat surface and roll it flat with a cylindrical object such as a modelling knife
- We suggested that stock rails are pre-measured, where practical, using a pair of compass dividers and then tacked to the deck edge every third or fourth stanchion with a small drop of glue. When a section is complete, run a thin line of glue along the inside edge to attach it firmly to the deck.
Accordingly, we suggest you purchase our Photoetch Bender Tools for easy assembly.