White Ensign Models 1/700-1/720 RN Cable Reels Photoetch Enhancement Parts
White Ensign Models 1/700-1/720 RN Cable Reels Photoetch Enhancement Parts.
White Ensign Models (WEM) includes more details for a more realistic model.
The White Ensign models Photoetch add-ons makes your model ship museum quality.
This set contains:
- 4.3 foot and 2.5 foot hawser reels
- 3 foot, 2.5 foot and 2 foot wire cable reels
- 2.5-foot, 18 inch and 15 inch cordage reels
- 2.75-foot hose reels.
- Do not remove the etched parts from the fret until you are ready to use them.
- Before assembly, soak the etched parts in a suitable solvent, such as white spirit, to de-grease the surfaces for painting.
- You can utilize cyanoacrylate adhesive or contact adhesive such as Elmer’s white glue. You can apply these with a pin or piece of stretched sprue.
- When removing parts from the fret, place the fret on a hard surface, such as a smooth ceramic tile, in order to prevent parts bending whilst cutting through the holding tabs.
- When shaping or bending a part, a straight edged blade such as a chisel blade #17 or # 18 will give a good sharp corner, or alternatively you can use a small pair of smooth jawed pliers.
- If a part is bent incorrectly, lay it on a hard flat surface and roll it flat with a cylindrical object such as a modelling knife handle.
- We suggest that stock rails are pre-measured, where practical, using a pair of compass dividers & then tacked to the deck edge every third or fourth stanchion with a small drop of glue. When a section is complete, run a thin line of glue along the inside edge to attach it firmly to the deck.
Accordingly, we suggest you purchase our Photoetch Bender Tools for easy assembly.