White Ensign Models 1/72 Gato Class Conning Tower Photoetch Enhancement Parts
White Ensign Models 1/72 Gato Class Conning Tower Photoetch Enhancement Parts is designed for the Revell kit.
The White Ensign models Photoetch add-ons makes your model ship museum quality.
This set contains parts for the stripped down periscope shears of later boats, as featured in the kit.
It also requires one length of WEM Z 08 3.5mm brass tube.
This set includes:
- Railing Stanchions
- Conning Tower Frame Outer Plate
- Conning Tower Frame Inner Plate
- Upper Shears Frame Rear Brace
- Modified Bridge Decking
- Lower Periscope Spacer Fillets
- Lower Rear Periscope Spacer
- Upper Framework Skin Strips
- Upper Framework Top Skin Strip
- Upper Forward Periscope Spacer
- Upper Rear Periscope Spacer
- SJ Radar Mast Upper & Lower Braces
- SJ Radar Mast Top Mounting
- Lower Forward Periscope Spacer
- Upper Framework Forward Side Fillets
- SJ Radar Mast Center Brace
- Alternate Upper Framework Rear Brace
- Upper Framework Rear Side Fillets
- Upper Framework Top Former
- Upper Framework Lower Former
- Upper Framework Centre Former
- Lower Framework Fore & Aft Beams
- Lower Framework Center Beam
- Lower Main Frames
- Do not remove the etched parts from the fret until you are ready to use them.
- Before assembly, soak the etched parts in a suitable solvent, such as white spirit, to de-grease the surfaces for painting.
- Cyanoacrylate adhesive (super glue) or contact adhesive such as Elmers white glue may be used. These can be applied with a pin or piece of stretched sprue.
- When removing parts from the fret, place the fret on a hard surface, such as a smooth ceramic tile, in order to prevent parts bending whilst cutting through the holding
tabs. We suggest using a #11 type of modelling knife blade for this purpose.
Accordingly, we suggest you purchase our Photoetch Bender Tools for easy assembly.