T Gauge 1:450 Scale Track Maintenance Vehicle 09-TG
1:450 Scale Track Maintenance Vehicle
T gauge is the smallest working model railroad gauge currently available. It’s 1:450 actual scale or ½ of Z Gauge. You can pack a lot of railroading in a very small space. VcsHobbies is a US distributor of these amazing miniature trains.
This essential maintenance kit contains all you need to keep your track clean.
1 x Tamper Style Powered Cleaning Car
1 x Hand-held Angled Cleaning Tool
2 x Sheets Abrasive (Emery) Paper
7 x Sheets x 16 Self-adhesive Cleaning Pads
1 x 1ml Vial for Cleaning Fluid (fluid not included)
How to Use the 1:450 Scale Track Maintenance Vehicle:
- Use the fine grade emery paper to lightly polish the track surface.
- Position a sticky cleaning pad to the underside of the cleaning vehicle.
- Dab lightly with cleaning fluid. Surgical Spirit is our preferred medium, sold separately and not included
- Position cleaning vehicle onto tracks and operate using TGauge Power Box E-012/E-013 (not supplied).
- Let run until surgical spirit has dried and switch off power. (Approx 15-20 seconds) Remove cleaning car from tracks and replace sticky pad for next track section.
The hand-held tool can be substituted for the cleaning car where your layout has low profile bridges, trees etc that may obstruct the cleaning car.
If you are exhibiting at a show we would recommend using the emery paper and then cleaning car/spirited pad combo before the show commences then using the cleaning car with cleaning pad at 4-hourly intervals. This should help you have fuss-free running for the duration.
These instructions are what works for us and are by no means exhaustive. Please feel free to share your Track Maintenance prowess with us.
Refill cleaning pads are available.
PLEASE NOTE – THE EURO FLUCTUATES DAILY SO IF THE PRICE ADJUSTS SIGNIFICANTLY, WE WILL SEND YOU AN INVOICE FOR THE DIFFERENCE
THIS IS A SPECIALTY ITEM THAT SHIPS FROM OVERSEAS SO PLEASE ALLOW A FEW EXTRA DAYS FOR SHIPPING.