White Ensign Models 1/350 Bismarck Class Deck Plates Photoetch Enhancement Parts
White Ensign Models 1/350 Bismarck Class Deck Plates Photoetch Enhancement Parts provides additional deck detail for the Tamiya kits.
The White Ensign models Photoetch add-ons makes your model ship museum quality.
This is similar to Gold Medal Models (GMM) 1/350 Bismarck/TIRPITZ 350-6 but White Ensign Models (WEM) includes more details for a more realistic model.
It is not necessary for the Revell kits, which already have the detail molded on.
This set contains replacement decking for areas of the Tamiya Bismarck and Tirpitz kits that do not have any details engraved on them, but in actual fact had planked decks, engineer’s plating and wooden duck boards, and replacement gun tubs.
- Do not remove the etched parts from the fret until you are ready to use them.
- Before assembly, soak the etched parts in a suitable solvent, such as white spirit, to de-grease the surfaces for painting.
- Cyanoacrylate adhesive (super glue) or contact adhesive such as Elmers white glue may be used. These can be applied with a pin or piece of stretched sprue.
- When removing parts from the fret, place the fret on a hard surface, such as a smooth ceramic tile, in order to prevent parts bending whilst cutting through the holding
tabs. We suggest using a #11 type of modelling knife blade for this purpose.
- When shaping or bending a part, a straight-edged blade such as a chisel blade #17 or # 18 will give a good sharp corner, or alternatively a small pair of smooth-jawed
pliers may be used.
Accordingly, we suggest you purchase our Photoetch Bender Tools for easy assembly.