White Ensign Models 1/350 USS Wasp Vehicles & Landing Craft Photoetch Enhancement Parts
White Ensign Models 1/350 USS Wasp Vehicles & Landing Craft Photoetch Enhancement Parts is designed for the Revell/Gallery Models kits.
The White Ensign models Photoetch add-ons makes your model ship museum quality.
This set contains:
- Landing Craft Utility (LCU) Details
- Landing Craft Air Cushion (LCAC) Details
- M60 Patton Tank Fittings
- M1 Abrams Tank Fittings
- Assault Vehicle (AAV7) Fittings
- Multi-Task Road Vehicle (MTRV) Fittings
- Light Vehicle (LAV-25) Fittings
General Instructions when using Photoetched Parts:
- Do not remove the etched parts from the fret until you are ready to use them.
- Before assembly, soak the etched parts in a suitable solvent, such as white spirit, to de-grease the surfaces for painting.
- Cyanoacrylate adhesive (super glue) or contact adhesive such as Elmers white glue may be used. These can be applied with a pin or piece of stretched sprue.
- When removing parts from the fret, place the fret on a hard surface, such as a smooth ceramic tile, in order to prevent parts bending whilst cutting through the holding tabs. We suggest using that a #11 type of modelling knife blade for this purpose.
- When shaping or bending a part, a straight edged blade such as a chisel blade #17 or # 18 will give a good sharp corner, or alternatively a small pair of smooth jawed pliers may be used.
- If a part is bent incorrectly, lay it on a hard flat surface and roll it flat with a cylindrical object such as a modelling handle.
- We suggest that stock rails are pre-measured, where practical, using a pair of compass dividers & then tacked to the deck edge every third or fourth stanchion with a small drop of glue.
Accordingly, we suggest you purchase our Photoetch Bender Tools for easy assembly.