White Ensign Models 1/350 Vanguard Class Submarine Photoetch Enhancement Parts
White Ensign Models 1/350 Vanguard Class Submarine Photoetch Enhancement Parts is designed for the Bronco kits of Vanguard & Victorious.
The White Ensign models Photoetch add-ons makes your model ship museum quality.
This set contains:
- Torpedo Tube Panel (Starboard)
- Torpedo Tube Panel (Port)
- Deck Hatches
- Access Panels
- Name Plates
- Radar Scanner
- Conning Tower Rail
- Propulsor Blades
General Instructions when using Photoetched Parts:
- Do not remove the etched parts from the fret until you are ready to use them.
- Before assembly, soak the etched parts in a suitable solvent, such as white spirit, to de-grease the surfaces for painting.
- Cyanoacrylate adhesive (super glue) or contact adhesive such as Elmers white glue may be used. Apply with a pin or piece of stretched sprue.
- When removing parts from the fret, place the fret on a hard surface, such as a smooth ceramic tile, in order to prevent parts bending whilst cutting through the holding tabs. We suggest using that a #11 type of modelling knife blade for this purpose.
- When shaping or bending a part, a straight edged blade such as a chisel blade #17 or # 18 will give a good sharp corner, or alternatively a small pair of smooth jawed pliers may be used.
- If a part is bent incorrectly, lay it on a hard flat surface and roll it flat with a cylindrical object such as a modelling knife handle.
- We suggest that stock rails are pre-measured, where practical, using a pair of compass dividers & then tacked to the deck edge every third or fourth stanchion with a small drop of glue. When a section is complete, run a thin line of glue along the inside edge to attach it firmly to the deck.
Accordingly, we suggest you purchase our Photoetch Bender Tools for easy assembly.