White Ensign Models 1/700 Ladders & Walkways Photoetch Enhancement Parts
White Ensign Models 1/700 Ladders & Walkways Photoetch Enhancement Parts suit all subjects, nations, years WW2 or modern…
It’s an essential addition to any ship model building project!
The White Ensign models Photoetch add-ons makes your model ship museum quality.
This is similar to Gold Medal Models (GMM) 356-9 Extra Ladders Photoetched parts set, but White Ensign Models (WEM) includes more details for a more realistic model.
This set contains:
- 112 scale feet of inclined ladders with handrails
- 50 feet of double width inclined ladders with handrails and center handrail
- 230 feet of vertical ladders with handrails
- 2 x boarding ladders and platforms with handrails and boarding ladder davits
- 106 feet of catwalks and railings
- 112 feet of rope ladders
- 2 x 9 feet catwalks (45 degree cut) with rails
- 2 x 14 feet catwalks (45 degree run) with handrails and 220 feet of yardarm footsteps
- Do not remove the etched parts from the fret until you are ready to use them.
- Before assembly, soak the etched parts in a suitable solvent, such as white spirit, to de-grease the surfaces for painting. It is recommended that the entire fret be primed
with an acrylic automotive primer, such as Halfords Grey Primer before assembling any of the parts.
- Cyanoacrylate adhesive (super glue) or contact adhesive such as a white PVA glue may be used. These can be applied with a pin or piece of stretched sprue.
- When removing parts from the fret, place the fret on a hard surface, such as a smooth ceramic tile, in order to prevent parts bending whilst cutting through the holding
tabs. We suggest t using a No.10 rounded type of modelling knife blade for this purpose.
Accordingly, we suggest you purchase our Photoetch Bender Tools for easy assembly.