White Ensign Models 1/700 WW2 USN Radars Photoetch Enhancement Parts
WW2 USN Radars Photoetch Enhancement Parts
White Ensign Models (WEM) includes more details for a more realistic model.
The White Ensign models Photoetch add-ons makes your model ship museum quality.
This set contains:
- CXAM antenna assembly
- CXAM-1 antenna assembly
- SK antenna assembly
- SK-2 antenna assembly
- SA antenna assembly
- SC antenna
- SR antenna
- SC-2/SC-4 antenna assembly
- SM/SM-1 antenna assembly
- SP antenna assembly
- Mk 25 fire control antenna
- Mk 3 fire control antenna
- Mk 8 fire control antenna dipoles
- Mk 27 fire control antenna
- Mk 22 height finder antenna
- TDY antenna mounting poles
- TDY antennas
- TDY-1 antennas
- SG radar antennas
- Mk 3 fire control 6’x 6’ antennas
- Mk 4/Mk 12 fire control antennas
- Do not remove the etched parts from the fret until you are ready to use them.
- Before assembly, soak the etched parts in a suitable solvent, such as white spirit, to de-grease the surfaces for painting.
- You can utilize cyanoacrylate adhesive or contact adhesive such as Elmer’s white glue. You can apply these with a pin or piece of stretched sprue.
- When removing parts from the fret, place the fret on a hard surface, such as a smooth ceramic tile, in order to prevent parts bending whilst cutting through the holding tabs.
- When shaping or bending a part, a straight edged blade such as a chisel blade #17 or # 18 will give a good sharp corner, or alternatively you can use a small pair of smooth jawed pliers.
- If a part is bent incorrectly, lay it on a hard flat surface and roll it flat with a cylindrical object such as a modelling knife handle.
Accordingly, we suggest you purchase our Photoetch Bender Tools for easy assembly.