Paragrafix 1/44 Scale Discovery XD-1 Cockpit and Airlock Photoetch Set PGX210
Add a fully detailed, easily lit* cockpit and airlock to Moebius’ new Discovery XD-1 kit from the classic film “2001: A Space Odyssey”. This set contains:
- Full fold up cockpit based on the studio blueprints.
- Through-holes for lightable control panels. (Lighting groups are simplified versions of the full sized set – simplified only for reasons of scale, but layout is accurate).
- The HAL9000 brain room antechamber.
- Cockpit window frames that match those in “2001: A Space Odyssey” rather than the kit’s, which match the ship in “2010: The Year We Make Contact”.
- Astronaut figure for the antechamber area.
- Full airlock, including through-holes for the lighting panels.
- Photoetched from thick 0.01” brass for easy folding – will generally not require a folding tool.
Note that the airlock and pod bay cannot be installed at the same time. Due to changes in the miniatures during filming, the scale changed somewhat making the two not work well together.
* Electronics not included.
FOR KIT: Moebius 2001-3
PLEASE NOTE – THIS IS NOT A MODEL, THESE ARE ENHANCEMENTS FOR A DISCOVERY XD-1 MODEL