White Ensign Models 1/350 USS Essex Perforated Catwalks Photoetch Enhancement Parts
White Ensign Models 1/350 USS Essex Perforated Catwalks Photoetch Enhancement Parts is designed for the Trumpeter kit.
The White Ensign models Photoetch add-ons makes your model ship museum quality.
This set contains catwalks for:
- Flight deck edge
- LSO/batman platform
- Catapult gear access
- Aft thwartships (full width)
- Catapult gear rear access (port and starboard)
- Aft thwartships
- Aft thwartships starboard overhang
- Aft thwartships (short fit)
- Inner stern access catwalk for short thwartships catwalk fit
- Forward thwartships (short and full width)
- Catwalk end railings
- Whale boat platform
- Inclined ladders: long for overhangs
- 10mm for inter-catwalk access
- Standard; 2 bar and 3 bar handrails
- Upper and lower 5″ gun platforms
- Do not remove the etched parts from the fret until you are ready to use them.
- Before assembly, soak the etched parts in a suitable solvent, such as white spirit, to de-grease the surfaces for painting.
- Cyanoacrylate adhesive (super glue) or contact adhesive such as Elmers white glue may be used. Apply with a pin or piece of stretched sprue.
- When removing parts from the fret, place the fret on a hard surface, such as a smooth ceramic tile, in order to prevent parts bending whilst cutting through the holding
tabs. We suggest using a #11 type of modelling knife blade for this purpose.
- When shaping or bending a part, a straight-edged blade such as a chisel blade #17 or # 18 will give a good sharp corner, or alternatively a small pair of smooth-jawed
pliers may be used.
- If a part is bent incorrectly, lay it on a hard flat surface and roll it flat with a cylindrical object such as a modelling knife handle
Accordingly, we suggest you purchase our Photoetch Bender Tools for easy assembly.