Raildig Z Scale Art Deco Bridge Abutments ZTR-103/RD-103
Z Scale Art Deco Bridge Abutments
Z Trains cast accessories come in their natural gray gypsum color. We’ve included painted and weathered version images here to represent suggested color schemes.
The Art Deco movement of the 1930s and 40s as well as its resurgence in the 1960s inspired our Art Deco abutments. All the concrete forming boards were laid in board-by-board on the master model and decorative details such as quarter round shapes are placed vertically in the stepped walls.
This design was originally created for the Micron Art Pratt series of Z scale brass bridges but will also work with other bridge designs. The use of shims may be necessary with other bridge designs.
Our castings come in their natural gray color. These pieces are cast using a high strength modified gypsum and then oven cured for maximum strength. We suggest applying a light coat of flat white spray primer to act as a sealing coat to your model. By applying a light coat of primer before you add your colors and weathering, you ensure yourself an even and stable color “canvas” for your paint, washed and weathering.
- Material: Abutments are cast in high strength gypsum and oven cured for maximized durability.
- Color: Natural gray gypsum color.
- Height 1: From the base to the “lower shelf”, 1.4″.
- Height 2: From the base to the “upper shelf”, 1.6″
- Shown are two examples of painted and finished pieces. Paint is not included.