Sherline 2000 Deluxe 8-direction Milling Machine
The deluxe 8-direction milling machine offers the most versatility of any Sherline mill. In addition to X-axis, Y-axis and Z-axis travels, there are five additional directions that the headstock spindle can be positioned to do drilling or milling on your part from virtually any angle. The headstock can pivot up to 90º in either direction. The column bed can be rotated side-to-side up to 90º in either direction for angled drilling. A special knuckle allows the column to be pivoted front to rear. The “ram” design of the column base also allows the entire ram to be pivoted up to 90º side-to-side. Loosening the column cap allows the ram to be moved in and out with over 5.5″ of travel.
With this many directions of movement, the machining possibilities are virtually limitless withing the size capabilities of the machine. The 14″ long base also increases Y-axis travel by an additional 2″ compared to the Model 5400 mill. This is the mill for those who want to take their miniature machining abilities to the extremes.
Standard equipment for the model 2000 (2010 metric) mill includes:
- A powerful 90V DC motor with electronic speed controller
- 14″ base
- 2-1/2″ (63mm) adjustable “zero” handwheel on the Z-axis and 2″ (51mm) adjustable “zero” handwheels on the X- and Y-axes
- 2.75″ (70 mm) x 13.0″ (330 mm) table with two T-slots
- 3072 ¼” Jacobs drill chuck w/ key, #1 Morse arbor with drawbolt
- 2″ column riser block
- Laser-engraved scales on the base and table
- Pulleys, drive belt, three hexagonal keys, spindle bars, gib removal tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual
- Available with red handwheels upon request
New Mill Features
- Oil reservoirs on the X/Y axes and the Z axis to help keep critical parts lubricated. These were initially developed for CNC machines that run constantly for hours on end but can benefit manual machines as well
- Brass leadscrew cover that keeps chips off the rear of the Y-axis leadscrew