Sherline NexGen Vertical Mill Package 5800A
NexGen Vertical Mill Package Inch
Sherline Products is proud to introduce its latest Vertical Mill machine. The popularity of Sherline mills in industrial, laboratory and school training environments has increased. The need to produce larger parts has led to the development of an extended capacity milling machine. Sherline’s NexGen Mills are available in Manual, CNC-Ready, and full CNC configurations.
The new NexGen Vertical Mill has the following standard features:
- Extra-Rigid Column Base
- 15″ Extended Column Bed
- 18″ Extended Mill Table
- 18″ Mill Base
- 7″ x 13″ Tooling Plate (3 T-slots, Alignment Pins)
- Y-axis covers—Mill Accordion Way Cover Set and extended 12” brass rear leadscrew cover
- Included with the mill are the following accessories:
- 1072 1/4″ Jacobs Drill Chuck
- 3013 Step Block Hold-down Set
- 3020 5/32″ Sherline Hex T-Driver
- 3021 3 pc. Center Drill Set
- 3052 Fly Cutter w/ Carbide bit
- 3060 3-pc. Mill Collet Set w/ Drawbolt
- 3079 3/8″ End Mill Holder
- 3551 Milling vise
- 5327 Sherline Accessories Shop Guide book
- 7401 6-pc. 3/8″ Shank End Mill Set
Extra-rigid Column Base—To take maximum advantage of the extended column travels on this extra capacity Sherline mill, the column base has been increased in cross section for additional rigidity. The ability to swing the column arm from side to side has been eliminated in order to maximize the column’s ability to maintain its position during heavy cuts. The column still rotates left and right 90° and the in/out adjustment is still available, giving it seven directions of movement including X, Y, Z and headstock rotation on the column itself.
15” Extended Column Bed—The standard 11” column with 5.38” of Z-axis travel has been replaced with Sherline’s optional 15” column that provides 9.38” of vertical movement for use on larger parts or taller set-ups.
18” Extended Mill Table—The standard 13” mill table with 8.65” of travel has been replaced with Sherline’s optional 18” table that provides 13.65” of X-axis travel.
18” Mill Base—The standard 14” mill base has been replaced with an 18” base that provides an additional 4” of Y-axis travel. This is made more useable with the inclusion of a P/N 1297 mill headstock spacer block that adds an additional 1.25” of throat distance to take advantage of the additional travel.
The included 7 x 13” tooling plate makes holding parts easy. It has three T-slots as well as a pattern of drilled and tapped 10-32 holes for use with clamps and hold-down sets. Once the plate is squared with the mill the steel alignment pins speed up the process of making sure your parts and fixtures are also square with the mill.
Y-axis Leadscrew Protection—Clear plastic accordion way covers protect the front half of the Y-axis leadscrew from chips. The covers are extra long to accommodate the additional 4” of Y-axis travel. In addition, a longer 12” brass tube extending through the column base protects the rear half of the leadscrew from chips.
Other standard features include oilers on the X-, Y- and Z-axes to keep the column leadscrew and base saddle leadscrews and ways lubricated during extended CNC operations. In addition, backlash is adjustable on X-, Y- and Z-axes. Adjustable tapered plastic gibs provide a way to accommodate wear on the slides and on all three axes.
These rigid columns are designed for those who have a 5400-series mill. Each comes with the 2000-series ram and gives the versatility of Sherline’s 2000-series mill column with it’s large work area and seven directions of movement. Tall column provides more Z-clearance. Includes Y-leadscrew cover hole.
Improve Your CNC Control
Upgrade any of your current Sherline CNC machines with Sherline’s new controller powered by MASSO and add a 4th-axis to your controller system with a CNC rotary table. This upgrade is optional and must be purchased separately. Please contact us for more information.
The MASSO controller allows you to write your CNC programs on your computer (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.) and then transfer your program to the controller via a USB flash drive. No more having to use a dedicated operating system like Linux to control your machine.
- Controls the spindle speed with g-code: Analog spindle speed control has been standard on Sherline machines, but now they have new technology on the board that controls the spindle speed using g-code rather than using an adjustable dial.
- Adds an optical encoder to Sherline machines: MASSO designed a compact optical encoder for Sherline. This encoder design fits perfectly with their machine and their accessories
- Does single-point threading
- Has an accurate RPM readout
- Limits switches
- Homing ability for each axis
- WiFi communication
- Regular software upgrades: The Masso software is continually improving, and it is extremely easy to upgrade.