Standard equipment for the model 4000/4100 CNC Ready lathe
- CNC-Ready includes stepper motor mounts
(Note that CNC-ready machines cannot be operated manually until stepper motors are installed.)
- 90 VDC motor with electronic speed controller
- 2.75″ (70mm) x 6.0″ (152mm) crosslide
- 15″ (381mm) steel bed to allow 8″ (203mm) between centers
- Standard 1-5/8″ (41mm) laser engraved aluminum handwheels
- Pulleys, belt, faceplate, lathe dog,and two dead centers
- Three hexagonal keys
- Tool post
- Sharpened high-speed steel cutting tool
- Eight foot three-wire power cord
- Instruction booklet
- Does NOT include tailstock chuck or 3-jaw chuck.
Any Sherline lathe can be ordered ready for the application of stepper motors and Computer Numeric Control (CNC). Sherline installs stepper motor mounts in place of the leadscrew and crosslide handwheels. These mounts are designed to accept 23-frame size stepper motors. A dampened coupling for the 1/4″ motor shaft is included. The coupling drives the leadscrew through two 3/8″ bearings with adjustable preload to remove end play.
Once you have the machine, you will need to attach stepper motors and connect them through a driver to a computer.
**PLEASE NOTE CNC READY MACHINES DO NOT INCLUDE COMPUTER, STEPPER MOTORS OR CONTROLLER. THEY CAN BE PURCHASED SEPARATELY **
[su_button url=”http://www.vcshobbies.com/blog/sherline-lathe-documentation/” background=”#f7921c” center=”yes” class=”vcshobbies-button”]Click Here For Instructions[/su_button]