Sherline 4500 – 3.5 in x 8 in Lathe with Adjustable Handwheels
The model 4500/4530 lathe is a standard model 4000 (4100 metric) 3.5” x 8” lathe upgraded to include:
- 90 VDC motor with electronic speed controller
- 2.75″ (70mm) x 6.0″ (152mm) crosslide
- 15″ (381mm) steel bed to allow 8″ (203mm) between centers
- Two adjustable “zero” handwheels on the crosslide and
- Standard 1-5/8″ (41mm) laser engraved aluminum handwheels
- Pulleys, belt, faceplate, lathe dog, and two dead centers
- Three hexagonal keys
- Tool post
- Sharpened high-speed steel cutting tool
- Eight foot three-wire power cord
- Instruction booklet
This lathe can turn a part up to 3.5” in diameter over the bed or up to 1.88” over the carriage without riser blocks. With an optional riser block, parts up to 6” in diameter can be turned over the bed. The lathe has 8” of space between centers. The electronic speed control allows continuously variable speed control from 70 to 2800 RPM without belt changes. There is a second pulley position available that offers extra torque at low RPM if needed.
Adjustable zero handwheels allow the user to reset the handwheel to a zero reading at any time without moving the leadscrew. This makes dialing in the next dimension easier, as you are starting from zero each time. It also helps eliminate math errors. This is a feature normally found on expensive full-size machines, but not often available on a machine of this size and price.
[su_button url=”http://www.vcshobbies.com/blog/sherline-lathe-documentation/” background=”#f7921c” center=”yes” class=”vcshobbies-button”]Click Here For Instructions[/su_button]