Sherline 8-Direction Ultimate CNC Machine Shop
Ultimate CNC Machine Shop
Sherline’s Ultimate CNC Machine Shop comes complete with CNC-ready lathe and mill plus the stepper motors, computer, software, and cables to run them.
If you are working with brass or wood, we suggest you use the toggle switch dust cover to protect the life of your motor & speed control.
The Ultimate CNC Machine Shop System includes:
- Deluxe 3.5″ x 17″ lathe with two stepper motors, in either inch or metric measurements
- 8-Direction Mill with three stepper motors, in either inch or metric measurements
- Handwheels on the rear shaft of the stepper motors also allow manual control
- Rotary table with stepper motor (for use as a 4th axis on the mill) and the computer
- A computer with Ubuntu Linux-based OS with linuxcnc 4-axis CNC software preinstalled
- Keyboard and mouse
- 4-axis driver board and power supply to run either the mill or lathe, one at a time
- Computer cables to the X-, Y-, and Z-axes are 69″ in length
- Instruction and utility CD. The CD includes complete instructions, and several free utilities to translate CAD files or TrueType fonts into G-code.
- You supply only a monitor.
Complete instructions available on our website.
NOTE: Depending upon availability, actual computer supplied with the system may look different than shown above.
In addition to the lathe, mill, and computer you get the following accessories:
- 3.1″ 3-jaw chuck
- 3/8″ Drill Chuck
- 1/4″ Drill Chuck
- Steady rest
- Live center
- Rear Mount Cutoff Tool and Holder
- 3-piece HSS 1/4″ cutting tool set
- Step block hold-down set
- Fly Cutter with carbide tool
- Boring head
- 3-piece end mill set w/ drawbolt
- Boring tool
- 3/8″ end mill holder
- Milling Vise
- 4″ CNC rotary table with stepper motor
- Tilting angle table
- 6-pc. 3/8″ Shank End Mill Set
- Sherline 5/32″ hex T-driver
- 3-piece center drill set
- Sherline Accessories Shop Guide book
- Safety glasses
Want to UPGRADE to a Windows CNC Controller?
Introducing MASSO CNC!!
Upgrade any of your current Sherline CNC machines with Sherline’s new controller powered by MASSO. Add a 4th-axis to your controller system with a CNC rotary table. This upgrade is optional and as a result, must be purchased separately. Please contact us for more information.
The MASSO controller allows you to write your CNC programs on your computer (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.). You can then transfer your program to the controller via a USB flash drive. No more having to use a dedicated operating system like Linux to control your machine.
- Controls the spindle speed with g-code: Analog spindle speed control has been standard on Sherline machines, consequently, now they have new technology on the board that controls the spindle speed using g-code rather than using an adjustable dial.
- Adds an optical encoder to Sherline machines: MASSO designed a compact optical encoder for Sherline. This encoder design fits perfectly with their machine and their accessories
- Does single-point threading
- Has an accurate RPM readout
- Limits switches
- Homing ability for each axis
- WiFi communication
- Regular software upgrades: Because the Masso software is continually improving, it is extremely easy to upgrade.
Furthermore, you can upgrade any of your current Sherline CNC machines with our new controller powered by MASSO and add a 4th-axis to your controller system with a CNC rotary table. Sold separately. Please contact us for more details.