Sherline CNC Lathe Kit (No Computer) 8765
Lathe Kit (No Computer)
If you wish to purchase a Sherline CNC lathe, but you want to use your own computer and software instead of VCS Hobbies’ computer with pre-loaded Linux/EMC software, this package makes it easier. Here’s what you do:
1. Order the CNC-ready lathe of your choice. Lathe not included, must be purchased separately.
2. Order this kit (4-axis driver box and connecting cables plus power supply and 2 stepper motors).
3. Supply your own computer, monitor, and control software.
The 8765 kit includes Sherline’s 8760 4-axis driver box and power supply plus two 67127 stepper motors. Plug the 25-pin parallel cable (included) from the driver box to the printer port of your computer. Attach the stepper motors to the stepper motor mounts on the crosslide and leadscrew of your Sherline CNC-ready lathe and plug the X and Z cables from the driver box to the stepper motors. Once you select and install your own control software, you are ready to go.
NOTE: If you want a complete plug-and-play system with a lathe, computer, and driver ready to run, please contact us.
- Driver box with 4 motor cables
- 3.7 amp, 24 volt power supply with cord
- 25-pin parallel cable
- 2 CD set with Linux/EMC2, utilities and instructions
- Two spare fuses
*NOTE: Even though the Sherline driver box only uses four of those axes at one time, a 2-wire serial USB port cannot transmit data to multiple axes fast enough for glitch-free CNC operation. Therefore a 25-wire parallel port is required because LinuxCNC is designed to be capable of running up to six axes simultaneously.