Sherline 12 Inch Deluxe CNC Mill System Package A 8540A
CNC Mill System Package A
The CNC Package Includes:
- Deluxe mill with 12 Inch base
- Mill fitted with saddle oiler, stepper motor mounts and couplers on X-, Y- and Z-axes
- A computer with Ubuntu Linux-based OS with linux cnc 4-axis CNC software preinstalled
- Keyboard and mouse
- 4-axis driver board and power supply
- Computer cables to the X-, Y-, and Z-axes are 69″ in length
You supply only a monitor. Complete instructions available on our website.
CNC Mill System Package A Accessories Include:
- Step block hold-down set
- 5/32″ Sherline hex T-driver
- 3-piece center drill set
- Fly cutter w/carbide bit
- 3-piece mill collet set w/drawbolt
- 6-piece 3/8″ 2-flute double-ended end mill set (4-flute set may be substituted depending on availability)
- 3/8″ end mill holder
- Milling vise
- Sherline Accessories Shop Guide book
Standard equipment for the mill includes:
- A powerful 90V DC motor with electronic speed controller
- 12″ base
- 2″ (51mm) adjustable “zero” handwheels are mounted on each of the stepper motors
- 2.75″ (70 mm) x 13.0″ (330 mm) table with two T-slots
- Pulleys, drive belt, three hexagonal keys, spindle bars, gib removal tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual
- Headstock spacer block
- ¼” Drill Chuck w/ key, #1 Morse arbor with drawbolt
Specifications CNC Mill System Package
(table to spindle)
|8.00″ (203 mm)|
|2.25″ (50 mm)|
(w/ headstock spacer)
|Included, 3.50″ (89 mm)|
|Travel, “X” Axis||8.65″ (220 mm) (9″ (228 mm) w/stop screw removed)|
|Travel, “Y” Axis||5.00″ (127 mm)|
|Travel, “Z” Axis||6.25″ (159 mm)|
|Hole through spindle||.405″ (10 mm)|
|Spindle nose thread||3/4″-16 T.P.I.|
|Spindle nose taper||#1 Morse|
|Spindle runout of Morse taper||.0005″ or less|
|Handwheel graduations||.001″ (.01 mm)|
|Width Overall*||15.00″ (381 mm)|
|Depth Overall*||Base footprint: 17.625″ (448 mm); With fully extended brass leadscrew cover: 20.5″ (520 mm)|
|Height Overall (Max.)*||20.75″ (527 mm)|
|Table size||2.75″ x 13.00″ (70 x 330 mm)|
|Hold-down provision||2 T-Slots|
|Shipping Weight||40 lb. (18.2 kg)|
|Movements in addition
to X-, Y- and Z-axes
|Headstock rotation (90° left/right)|
|Motor||90 volt DC with electronic speed control that accepts any incoming current from 100VAC to 240 VAC, 50 Hz or 60 Hz.|
|Spindle Speed Range||70-2800 RPM continuously variable by electronic speed control|
|CNC Stepper motor holding torque||136 oz-in|
|Maximum CNC travel positioning speed, X, Y and Z axes||22 inches/min**|
*Overall dimensions include motor and speed control
**NOTE: To avoid missed steps, rapid travel speeds should be used for positioning only. Actual feed rates when cutting metal will usually be the range of 6 inches/min or slower.
If you are working with brass or wood, we suggest you use the toggle switch dust cover to protect the life of your motor & speed control.
Want to UPGRADE to a Windows CNC Controller?
Introducing MASSO CNC!!
Upgrade any of your current Sherline CNC machines with Sherline’s new controller powered by MASSO. Add a 4th-axis to your controller system with a CNC rotary table. This upgrade is optional and as a result, must be purchased separately. Please contact us for more information.
The MASSO controller allows you to write your CNC programs on your computer (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.). You can then transfer your program to the controller via a USB flash drive. No more having to use a dedicated operating system like Linux to control your machine.
- Controls the spindle speed with g-code: Analog spindle speed control has been standard on Sherline machines, consequently, now they have new technology on the board that controls the spindle speed using g-code rather than using an adjustable dial.
- Adds an optical encoder to Sherline machines: MASSO designed a compact optical encoder for Sherline. This encoder design fits perfectly with their machine and their accessories
- Does single-point threading
- Has an accurate RPM readout
- Limits switches
- Homing ability for each axis
- WiFi communication
- Regular software upgrades: Because the Masso software is continually improving, it is extremely easy to upgrade.
Furthermore, you can upgrade any of your current Sherline CNC machines with our new controller powered by MASSO and add a 4th-axis to your controller system with a CNC rotary table. Sold separately. Please contact us for more details.