Sherline 14 Inch Deluxe 8-direction CNC Mill Package A 8020A
8-direction CNC Mill with Computer
The CNC Package Includes:
- 8-direction mill fitted with saddle oiler, stepper motor mounts and couplers on X-, Y- and Z-axes
- A computer with Ubuntu Linux-based OS with linux cnc 4-axis CNC software preinstalled
- Keyboard and mouse
- 4-axis driver board and power supply
- Computer cables to the X-, Y-, and Z-axes are 69″ in length
- You supply only a monitor
Complete instructions available on our website.
8-direction CNC Mill A Package Accessories Include:
- Step block hold-down set
- 5/32″ Sherline hex T-driver
- 3-piece center drill set
- Fly cutter w/carbide bit
- 3-piece mill collet set w/drawbolt
- 6-piece 3/8″ 2-flute double-ended end mill set
(4-flute set may be substituted depending on availability)
- 3/8″ end mill holder
- Milling vise
- Sherline Accessories Shop Guide book
Standard equipment for the mill includes:
- A powerful 90V DC motor with electronic speed controller
- 14″ base
- 2″ (51mm) adjustable “zero” handwheels are mounted on each of the stepper motors
- 2.75″ (70 mm) x 13.0″ (330 mm) table with two T-slots
- ¼” Drill Chuck w/ key, #1 Morse arbor with drawbolt
- 2″ column riser block
- Laser-engraved scales on the base and table
- Pulleys, drive belt, three hexagonal keys, spindle bars, gib removal tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual
NOTE: Depending upon availability, actual computer supplied with the system may look different than shown above. If you are working with brass or wood, we suggest you use the toggle switch dust cover to protect the life of your motor & speed control.
Want to UPGRADE to a Windows CNC Controller?
Introducing MASSO CNC!!
Upgrade any of your current Sherline CNC machines with Sherline’s new controller powered by MASSO and add a 4th-axis to your controller system with a CNC rotary table. This upgrade is optional and must be purchased separately. Please contact us for more information.
The MASSO controller allows you to write your CNC programs on your computer (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.) and then transfer your program to the controller via a USB flash drive. No more having to use a dedicated operating system like Linux to control your machine.
- Controls the spindle speed with g-code: Analog spindle speed control has been standard on Sherline machines, but now they have new technology on the board that controls the spindle speed using g-code rather than using an adjustable dial.
- Adds an optical encoder to Sherline machines: MASSO designed a compact optical encoder for Sherline. This encoder design fits perfectly with their machine and their accessories
- Does single-point threading
- Has an accurate RPM readout
- Limits switches
- Homing ability for each axis
- WiFi communication
- Regular software upgrades: The Masso software is continually improving, and it is extremely easy to upgrade.
Furthermore, you can upgrade any of your current Sherline CNC machines with our new controller powered by MASSO and add a 4th-axis to your controller system with a CNC rotary table. Sold separately. Please contact us for more details.