Sherline Retrofit for CNC Mill System with Computer 8022
Retrofit for CNC Mill System
For those who already have a Sherline mill and want to upgrade to CNC we now offer the complete CNC mill system less the mill. Here’s what you get:
- The appropriate stepper motor retrofit kit for your 2000 mill
- Three 67127 stepper motors with plugs
- Driver box with separately switchable power supply
- VCS Hobbies CNC computer with Linux and EMC preloaded, keyboard and mouse
The mill upgrade kits include the following:
- 3 stepper motor mounts
- CNC Z-axis Screw
- CNC-RH Coupling Preload Nut
- CNC-LH Coupling Preload Nut
- CNC Template, Bed Bushing
- CNC Template, Slide Bushing
- All the nuts and screws for motor mount attachment
- Conversion and assembly instructions
- Three 67127 stepper motors with plugs.
Stepper motor specifications:
- Frame size: NEMA #23
- Shaft: 1/4″ diameter, dual shafts
- Torque: 100+ oz. in.
- Voltage: 3.2 V.
- Current: 2 A
- Step Angle: 1.8° (200 steps/rev)
Want to UPGRADE to a Windows CNC Controller?
Introducing MASSO CNC!!
Upgrade any of your current Sherline CNC machines with Sherline’s new controller powered by MASSO. Add a 4th-axis to your controller system with a CNC rotary table. This upgrade is optional and as a result, must be purchased separately. Please contact us for more information.
The MASSO controller allows you to write your CNC programs on your computer (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.). You can then transfer your program to the controller via a USB flash drive. No more having to use a dedicated operating system like Linux to control your machine.
- Controls the spindle speed with g-code: Analog spindle speed control has been standard on Sherline machines, consequently, now they have new technology on the board that controls the spindle speed using g-code rather than using an adjustable dial.
- Adds an optical encoder to Sherline machines: MASSO designed a compact optical encoder for Sherline. This encoder design fits perfectly with their machine and their accessories
- Does single-point threading
- Has an accurate RPM readout
- Limits switches
- Homing ability for each axis
- WiFi communication
- Regular software upgrades: Because the Masso software is continually improving, it is extremely easy to upgrade.
Furthermore, you can upgrade any of your current Sherline CNC machines with our new controller powered by MASSO and add a 4th-axis to your controller system with a CNC rotary table. Sold separately. Please contact us for more details.