Sherline 14 Inch Deluxe CNC Mill System 8-Direction 8020
14 Inch Deluxe CNC Mill with Computer
The 14 Inch Deluxe CNC Mill Package Includes:
- Mill fitted with saddle oiler, stepper motor mounts and couplers on X-, Y- and Z-axes
- A computer with Ubuntu Linux-based OS with linux cnc 4-axis CNC software preinstalled. NOTE: Depending upon availability, actual computer supplied with the system may look different than shown above.
- Keyboard and mouse
- 4-axis driver board and power supply
- Computer cables to the X-, Y-, and Z-axes are 69″ in length
- Instruction and utility CD. The CD includes complete instructions, and several free utilities to translate CAD files or TrueType fonts into G-code.
- You supply only a monitor.
Complete instructions available on our website.
Standard equipment for the mill includes:
- A powerful 90V DC motor with electronic speed controller
- 14″ base
- 2″ (51mm) adjustable “zero” handwheels are mounted on each of the stepper motors
- 2.75″ (70 mm) x 13.0″ (330 mm) table with two T-slots
- ¼” Drill Chuck w/ key, #1 Morse arbor with drawbolt
- 2″ column riser block
- Laser-engraved scales on the base and table
- Pulleys, drive belt, three hexagonal keys, spindle bars, gib removal tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual
If you are working with brass or wood, we suggest you use the toggle switch dust cover to protect the life of your motor & speed control.
14 Inch Deluxe CNC Mill
(table to spindle)
|9.00″ (229 mm)|
(w/ headstock spacer)
|Travel, “X” Axis||8.65″ (220 mm) (9″ (228 mm) w/stop screw removed)|
|Travel, “Y” Axis||7.00″ (178 mm)|
|Travel, “Z” Axis||5.38″ (137 mm)|
|Hole through spindle||.405″ (10 mm)|
|Spindle nose thread||3/4″-16 T.P.I.|
|Spindle nose taper||#1 Morse|
|Spindle runout of Morse taper||.0005″ or less|
|Handwheel graduations||.001″ (.01 mm)|
|Width Overall*||15.00″ (381 mm)|
|Depth Overall*||Base footprint: 20.375″ (517.5 mm); With fully extended brass leadscrew cover: 24.375″ (619 mm)|
|Height Overall (Max.)*||23.38″ (568 mm)|
|Table size||2.75″ x 13.00″ (70 x 330 mm)|
|Hold-down provision||2 T-Slots|
|Shipping Weight||40 lb. (18.2 kg)|
|Movements in addition
to X-, Y- and Z-axes
|Headstock rotation 90° left/right, column rotation (90° L/R), column pivot (front/back), column swing (90° L/R) and 5.5″ column travel (in/out)|
|Motor||90 volt DC with electronic speed control that accepts any incoming current from 100VAC to 240 VAC, 50 Hz or 60 Hz.|
|Spindle Speed Range||70-2800 RPM continuously variable by electronic speed control|
|CNC Stepper motor holding torque||136 oz-in|
|Maximum CNC travel positioning speed, X, Y and Z axes||22 inches/min**|
*Overall dimensions include motor and speed control
**NOTE: To avoid missed steps, rapid travel speeds should be used for positioning only. Actual feed rates when cutting metal will usually be the range of 6 inches/min or slower.
Want to UPGRADE to a Windows CNC Controller?
Introducing MASSO CNC!!
Upgrade any of your current Sherline CNC machines with Sherline’s new controller powered by MASSO. Add a 4th-axis to your controller system with a CNC rotary table. This upgrade is optional and as a result, must be purchased separately. Please contact us for more information.
The MASSO controller allows you to write your CNC programs on your computer (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.). You can then transfer your program to the controller via a USB flash drive. No more having to use a dedicated operating system like Linux to control your machine.
- Controls the spindle speed with g-code: Analog spindle speed control has been standard on Sherline machines, consequently, now they have new technology on the board that controls the spindle speed using g-code rather than using an adjustable dial.
- Adds an optical encoder to Sherline machines: MASSO designed a compact optical encoder for Sherline. This encoder design fits perfectly with their machine and their accessories
- Does single-point threading
- Has an accurate RPM readout
- Limits switches
- Homing ability for each axis
- WiFi communication
- Regular software upgrades: Because the Masso software is continually improving, it is extremely easy to upgrade.
Furthermore, you can upgrade any of your current Sherline CNC machines with our new controller powered by MASSO and add a 4th-axis to your controller system with a CNC rotary table. Sold separately. Please contact us for more details.