Sherline 12 Inch Deluxe CNC Mill Package 8540
Deluxe CNC Mill Package with Computer
The Deluxe CNC Mill System Package Includes:
- Mill fitted with saddle oiler, stepper motor mounts, and couplers on X-, Y- and Z-axes
- A computer with Ubuntu Linux-based OS with linuxcnc 4-axis CNC software preinstalled
- Keyboard and mouse
- 4-axis driver board and power supply
- Computer cables to the X-, Y-, and Z-axes are 69″ in length
- 1-year warranty on all components for non-production use.
You supply only a monitor. Complete instructions available on our website.
NOTE: Depending upon availability, actual computer supplied with the system may look different than shown above.
Standard equipment for the mill includes:
- A powerful 90V DC motor with electronic speed controller
- 12″ base
- 2″ (51mm) adjustable “zero” handwheels are mounted on each of the stepper motors
- 2.75″ (70 mm) x 13.0″ (330 mm) table with two T-slots
- Pulleys, drive belt, three hexagonal keys, spindle bars, gib removal tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual
- Headstock spacer block
- ¼” Drill Chuck w/ key, #1 Morse arbor with drawbolt
If you are working with brass or wood, we suggest you use the toggle switch dust cover to protect the life of your motor & speed control.
About the 5400 Mill
The deluxe 5400-series mill is our most popular mill. It comes equipped with all of Sherline’s standard features. Upgraded to include a laser engraved 12″ (305mm) solid aluminum base for 2″ or additional Y-axis travel, laser engraved scales on the table and base, 2-1/2″ (63mm) adjustable “zero” handwheel on the Z-axis and 2″ (51mm) adjustable “zero” handwheels on the X- and Y-axes, a mill headstock spacer (P/N 1297) to provide more throat distance and a 1/4″ drill chuck and drawbolt (P/N 3072).
All Sherline mills feature precision machined dovetailed slides with adjustable gibs, permanently lubricated spindle bearings, adjustable preload anti-backlash feed screws and a high-torque 90 VDC motor with electronic speed control. Speed is continuously variable from 70 to 2800 RPM without gear or belt changes. A second pulley position is also available to provide extra torque at low RPM if needed.
Want to UPGRADE to a Windows CNC Controller?
Introducing MASSO CNC!!
Upgrade any of your current Sherline CNC machines with Sherline’s new controller powered by MASSO. Add a 4th-axis to your controller system with a CNC rotary table. This upgrade is optional and as a result, must be purchased separately. Please contact us for more information.
The MASSO controller allows you to write your CNC programs on your computer (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.). You can then transfer your program to the controller via a USB flash drive. No more having to use a dedicated operating system like Linux to control your machine.
- Controls the spindle speed with g-code: Analog spindle speed control has been standard on Sherline machines, consequently, now they have new technology on the board that controls the spindle speed using g-code rather than using an adjustable dial.
- Adds an optical encoder to Sherline machines: MASSO designed a compact optical encoder for Sherline. This encoder design fits perfectly with their machine and their accessories
- Does single-point threading
- Has an accurate RPM readout
- Limits switches
- Homing ability for each axis
- WiFi communication
- Regular software upgrades: Because the Masso software is continually improving, it is extremely easy to upgrade.
Furthermore, you can upgrade any of your current Sherline CNC machines with our new controller powered by MASSO and add a 4th-axis to your controller system with a CNC rotary table. Sold separately. Please contact us for more details.