Sherline 8 inch Lathe w/Adjustable Handwheels Package C 4500C
8 inch Lathe w/Adjustable Handwheels Package C
The model 4500 (4530 metric) lathe is a standard model 4000 (4100 metric) 3.5” x 8” lathe upgraded to include two adjustable “zero” handwheels on the crosslide and leadscrew. The lathe includes the motor and its speed controller, a 2.75″ (70mm) x 6.0″ (152mm) crosslide, 15″ (381mm) steel bed to allow 8″ (203mm) between centers, pulleys, belt, faceplate, lathe dog, two dead centers, three hexagonal keys, tool post, sharpened high-speed steel cutting tool, eight-foot, three-wire power cord and instruction booklet.
This lathe can turn a part up to 3.5” in diameter over the bed or up to 1.88” over the carriage without riser blocks. With an optional riser block, parts up to 6” in diameter can be turned over the bed. The lathe has 8” of space between centers. The electronic speed control allows continuously variable speed control from 70 to 2800 RPM without belt changes. There is a second pulley position available that offers extra torque at low RPM if needed.
Adjustable zero handwheels allow the user to reset the handwheel to a zero reading at any time without moving the leadscrew. This makes dialing in the next dimension easier, as you are starting from zero each time. It also helps eliminate math errors. This is a feature normally found on expensive full-size machines, but not often available on a machine of this size and price.
Standard equipment for the lathe includes:
- A powerful 90V DC motor with electronic speed controller*
- 2.75″ (70mm) x 6.0″ (152mm) crosslide
- 15″ (381mm) steel bed to allow 8″ (203mm) between centers
- 2.5″ (63mm) resettable “zero” handwheel on the leadscrew, a 2″ (51mm) resettable “zero” handwheel on the crosslide feed screw, and a standard 1-5/8″ (41mm) handwheel on the tailstock. Each handwheel has laser engraved aluminum handwheel collars
- Pulleys, drive belt, faceplate, lathe dog, two dead centers, three hexagonal keys, tool post, sharpened high-speed steel cutting tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual
* Not included with lathe without motor and speed control
4500C Package Includes:
- 1270 (1280 metric) Compound Slide
- 3100 Thread Cutting Attachment
- 2.5″ 3-jaw Chuck
- 1/4″ Tailstock Chuck
- 1074 Steady rest
- 1191 Live Center
- 3002 Cutoff Tool and Holder
- 3007 3-pc 1/4″ HSS Cutting Tool Set (LH, RH, Boring)
- 3020 5/32″ T-driver
- 3021 3-pc Center Drill Set
- 5327 Sherline Accessories Shop Guide Book