White Ensign Models 1/350 Konig Class Battleship Photoetch Enhancement Parts
White Ensign Models 1/350 Konig Class Battleship Photoetch Enhancement Parts is designed for the ICM Konig & Grosser Kurfurst kits.
The White Ensign models Photoetch add-ons makes your model ship museum quality.
This set contains:
- Normal tensioned railings in 2 and 3 bar format
- Chain and cable types
- 2 bar chain railings drooping between stanchions
- Breach mechanisms for the 88s
- Accommodation ladders and rigging
- Inclined and vertical ladders
- Boat boom rigging
- Main boat crane rigging and hooks
- Torpedo net stowage davits (102 of them!!)
- Ships wheel
- Telegraph and binnacle
- Anchor cable and hold backs
- Funnel cap grills
- Deadlights replacement girders for boat cradle bases
- Replacement rudders
- Props and handrails for ships boats
- Deck hatches with hold open frames
General Instructions for working with Photoetched Metal
- Do not remove the etched parts from the fret until you are ready to use them.
- Before assembly, soak the etched parts in a suitable solvent, such as white spirit, to de-grease the surfaces for painting. It is recommended that the entire fret be primed
with an acrylic automotive primer, such as Halfords Grey Primer before assembling any of the parts.
- Cyanoacrylate adhesive (super glue) or contact adhesive such as a white PVA glue may be used. These can be applied with a pin or piece of stretched sprue.
- When removing parts from the fret, place the fret on a hard surface, such as a smooth ceramic tile, in order to prevent parts bending whilst cutting through the holding
tabs. We suggest t using a No.10 rounded type of modelling knife blade for this purpose.
Accordingly, we suggest you purchase our Photoetch Bender Tools for easy assembly.