Z Trains Z Scale Poured Concrete Bridge Abutments (6 Piece Set)
Z Trains cast accessories come in their natural gray gypsum color. We’ve included painted and weathered version images here to represent suggested color schemes.
6 Piece Set: 2 Abutments, 4 Wing Walls
Our poured concrete abutment set has individually applied concrete forming boards that are scale accurate at 9″ high and on average 10′ to 12′ in length. We’ve even modeled a bit of concrete being squeezed out between the boards!
Included are 2 abutments and 4 separate wing walls, 2 for each abutment. These walls can be placed in any position to best suit your layout. We recommend using a 2-part epoxy to attach these walls to the abutment. Depending on the bridge used you may need to add a styrene or wood shim to match your track height.
Our castings come in their natural gray color. These pieces are cast using a high strength modified gypsum and then oven cured for maximum strength. We suggest applying a light coat of flat white spray primer to act as a sealing coat to your model. By applying a light coat of primer before you add your colors and weathering, you ensure yourself an even and stable color “canvas” for your paint, washed and weathering.
- Material: Abutments are cast in high strength gypsum and oven cured for maximized durability.
- Color: Natural gray gypsum color.
- Height 1: From the base to the “lower shelf”, 1.25″.
- Height 2: From the base to the “upper shelf”, 1.75″.
- Shown are two examples of painted and finished pieces. Paint is not included.