Sherline 2000A – CNC Ready Deluxe 8-Direction Mill Package
The deluxe 8-direction milling machine offers the most versatility of any Sherline mill. In addition to X-axis, Y-axis and Z-axis travels, there are five additional directions that the headstock spindle can be positioned to do drilling or milling on your part from virtually any angle. The headstock can pivot up to 90° in either direction. The column bed can be rotated side-to-side up to 90° in either direction for angled drilling.
A special knuckle allows the column to be pivoted front to rear. The “ram” design of the column base also allows the entire ram to be pivoted up to 90° side-to-side. Loosening the column cap allows the ram to be moved in and out with over 5.5″ of travel.With this many directions of movement, the machining possibilities are virtually limitless withing the size capabilities of the machine. The 14″ long base also increases Y-axis travel by an additional 2″ compared to the Model 5400 mill. This is the mill for those who want to take their miniature machining abilities to the extremes.
2000A CNC Ready Package Includes:
- CNC Stepper Motor Mounts Installed
(Note that CNC-ready machines cannot be operated manually until stepper motors are installed.)
- 1072 1/4″ Jacobs Drill Chuck
- 3013 Step Block Hold-down Set
- 3020 5/32″ Sherline Hex T-Driver
- 3021 3 pc. Center Drill Set
- 3052 Fly Cutter w/ Carbide bit
- 3060 3-pc. Mill Collet Set w/ Drawbolt
- 3079 3/8″ End Mill Holder
- 3551 Milling vise
- 5327 Sherline Accessories Shop Guide book
- 7400 6-pc. 3/8″ Shank End Mill Set
Improve Your CNC Control
Upgrade any of your current Sherline CNC machines with Sherline’s new controller powered by MASSO and add a 4th-axis to your controller system with a CNC rotary table. This upgrade is optional and must be purchased separately. Please contact us for more information.
The MASSO controller allows you to write your CNC programs on your computer (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.) and then transfer your program to the controller via a USB flash drive. No more having to use a dedicated operating system like Linux to control your machine.
- Controls the spindle speed with g-code: Analog spindle speed control has been standard on Sherline machines, but now they have new technology on the board that controls the spindle speed using g-code rather than using an adjustable dial.
- Adds an optical encoder to Sherline machines: MASSO designed a compact optical encoder for Sherline. This encoder design fits perfectly with their machine and their accessories
- Does single-point threading
- Has an accurate RPM readout
- Limits switches
- Homing ability for each axis
- WiFi communication
- Regular software upgrades: The Masso software is continually improving, and it is extremely easy to upgrade.
**PLEASE NOTE CNC READY MACHINES DO NOT INCLUDE COMPUTER, STEPPER MOTORS OR CONTROLLER. THEY CAN BE PURCHASED SEPARATELY.**