Sherline Lathe Package A 8 Inch CNC Ready 4000A-CNC
Lathe Package A 8 Inch
Standard equipment for the model 4000 (4100 metric) lathe includes a powerful 90 VDC motor with electronic speed controller, a 2.75″ (70mm) x 6.0″ (152mm) crosslide, 15″ (381mm) steel bed to allow 8″ (203mm) between centers, standard 1-5/8″ (41mm) laser engraved aluminum handwheels, pulleys, belt, faceplate, lathe dog, two dead centers, three hexagonal keys, tool post, sharpened high-speed steel cutting tool, eight foot three-wire power cord, and instruction booklet.
This lathe can turn a part up to 3.5” in diameter over the bed or up to 1.88” over the carriage without riser blocks. With an optional riser block, parts up to 6” in diameter can be turned over the bed. The lathe has 8” of space between centers. The electronic speed control allows continuously variable speed control from 70 to 2800 RPM without belt changes.
There is a second pulley position available that offers extra torque at low RPM if needed. This lathe is a good choice for clockmakers, modelers, or those who will be working on small parts. It is also the most compact lathe we make and is easily used where space is at a premium and can be stored on a closet shelf.
Standard equipment for the lathe includes:
- A powerful 90V DC motor with electronic speed controller*
- 2.75″ (70mm) x 6.0″ (152mm) crosslide
- 15″ (381mm) steel bed to allow 8″ (203mm) between centers
- Three Standard 1-5/8″ (41mm) laser engraved aluminum handwheels. Each handwheel has laser engraved aluminum handwheel collars**
- Pulleys, drive belt, faceplate, lathe dog, two dead centers, three hexagonal keys, tool post, sharpened high-speed steel cutting tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual
* Not included with lathe without motor and speed control
4000A CNC Ready Package Includes:
- 4000 Lathe
- 2.5″ 3-jaw Chuck
- 1/4″ Tailstock Chuck
- CNC Stepper Motor Mounts Installed
Please note that CNC-ready machines cannot operate manually until you install stepper motors.
**CNC READY MACHINES DO NOT INCLUDE COMPUTER, STEPPER MOTORS OR CONTROLLER. YOU CAN PURCHASE THEM SEPARATELY.**