Sherline 3.5 Inch x 8 Inch Lathe B Package 4000B
8 Inch Lathe B Package
Standard equipment for the model 4000 (4100 metric) lathe includes a powerful 90 VDC motor with electronic speed controller, a 2.75″ (70mm) x 6.0″ (152mm) crosslide, 15″ (381mm) steel bed to allow 8″ (203mm) between centers, standard 1-5/8″ (41mm) laser engraved aluminum handwheels, pulleys, belt, faceplate, lathe dog, two dead centers, three hexagonal keys, tool post, sharpened high-speed steel cutting tool, eight foot three-wire power cord and instruction booklet.
This lathe can turn a part up to 3.5” in diameter over the bed or up to 1.88” over the carriage without riser blocks. With an optional riser block, parts up to 6” in diameter can be turned over the bed. The lathe has 8” of space between centers. The electronic speed control allows continuously variable speed control from 70 to 2800 RPM without belt changes.
There is a second pulley position available that offers extra torque at low RPM if needed. This lathe is a good choice for clockmakers, modelers, or those who will be working on small parts. It is also the most compact lathe we make and is easily used where space is at a premium and can be stored on a closet shelf.
Standard equipment for the lathe includes:
- A powerful 90V DC motor with electronic speed controller*
- 2.75″ (70mm) x 6.0″ (152mm) crosslide
- 15″ (381mm) steel bed to allow 8″ (203mm) between centers
- Standard 1-5/8″ (41mm) laser engraved aluminum handwheels
- Pulleys, drive belt, faceplate, lathe dog
- Two dead centers, three hexagonal keys, tool post
- Sharpened high-speed steel cutting tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual
* Not included with lathe without motor and speed control
The B Package Includes:
- 2.5″ 3-jaw self-centering chuck
- 1/4″ tailstock drill chuck w/ key, #0 Morse arbor, #1 Morse arbor with drawbolt
- Steady rest
- Live Center
- Rear Mount Cutoff Tool and Holder
- 3-pc 1/4″ HSS Cutting Tool Set (LH, RH, Boring)
- 5/32″ T-driver
- 3-pc Center Drill Set
- Sherline Accessories Shop Guide Book
Similar to the XYZ bases for our mills, you can now order the lathe without the headstock, motor, or speed control. Please see contact us for more details.
If you are working with brass or wood, we suggest you use the toggle switch dust cover to protect the life of your motor & speed control.