Sherline XY Table 18 Inch Laser Engraving Plate Set 6540LAZ
XY Table 18 Inch Laser Engraving Plate Set
The Laser Tooling Plate can mount to your own fixture, or you can purchase it along with a Sherline XY base with 18″ table as sold here. The tooling plate is 8″ x 18″ x ¾” black anodized 6061 aluminum.
Some of the features of the tooling plate are:
- (115 Green) Dual purpose ¼” holes, on 1″ centers. The holes have a ¼-20 thread on the bottom and reamed to ¼” on the top. This allows each hole for use as a “part locating” hole when you insert a ¼” dowel pin. Each hole is also for use as a clamping hole using the ¼-20 thread.
- In addition to the ¼-20 holes, the plate also has (16 red) 10-32 holes which are positioned to mount our Sherline rotary table (P/N 8730) and tilting angle plate (P/N 3750).
- 5 Black, ¼” through holes for locating the tooling plate square to the table.
- There is one (purple) 5/16″ oiler access hole so you can fill the mill saddle oiler without removing the tooling plate.
- There are (10 blue) T-nut mounting holes to assemble the plate to our mill table.
X Y Travel
This tooling plate mounts on our 18″ Industrial X/Y Slide (P/N 6540). The slide has 5″ of Y-axis travel and 13.6″ of X-axis travel. Handwheels have calibrations in .001″ increments for P/N 6540.
We at Sherline Products believe that our 8″ x 18″ laser engraving tooling plate will be a great addition to any engraving laser. Custom tooling plate hole patterns are available upon request.