Sherline CNC Mill Upgrade Kit with High-Torque Stepper Motors (no computer) 8771
CNC Mill Upgrade Kit with High-Torque Stepper Motors
*MILL NOT INCLUDED – you must purchase separately
If you wish to purchase a Sherline CNC mill, but you want to use your own computer and software instead of Sherline’s computer with pre-loaded LinuxCNC software, this package makes it easier.
Here’s what you do:
1. Order the CNC-ready mill of your choice.
2. Order this kit (4-axis driver box and connecting cables plus power supply and 3 High-Torque Stepper Motors).
3. Supply your own computer and monitor.
The 8771 kit includes Sherline’s P/N 8760 4-axis driver box and power supply plus three P/N 67126 stepper motors. Plug the 25-pin parallel cable (included) from the driver box to the printer port of your computer. Attach the stepper motors to the stepper motor mounts on the X, Y and Z axis of your Sherline CNC-ready mill and plug the X, Y and Z cables from the driver box to the stepper motors. Once you select and install your own control software, you are ready to go.
Complete instructions available on our website.
ATTENTION: This new high-torque stepper motor requires a special CNC coupling (sold separately)
NOTE: If you want a complete plug-and-play system with a lathe, computer, and driver ready to run, please contact us.
Included Components with the CNC Mill Upgrade Kit
- Driver box with 4 motor cables
- 3.7 amp, 24 volt power supply with cord
- 25-pin parallel cable
- 2 CD set with Linux/EMC2, utilities and instructions
- Three spare fuses
- 3 High-Torque Stepper Motors
*NOTE: Even though the Sherline driver box only uses four of those axes at one time, a 2-wire serial USB port cannot transmit data to multiple axes fast enough for glitch-free CNC operation. Therefore a 25-wire parallel port is required because LinuxCNC is designed to be capable of running up to six axes simultaneously.
Minimum Computer Requirements
In order to install and run a Linux based system from the disc provided it is recommended the computer have at least the following minimum specifications:
- Processor speed: 800 MHz or faster (Pentium III class or equivalent processor)
- RAM: 512 Mb (Sherline provides 1 Gb)
- Hard Drive: 20 Gb or larger
- 25-pin parallel port (printer port)
- (Laptop computers are not recommended.)
For the most current information on hardware requirements for LinuxCNC/EMC2 please contact us.